SPECIALIZATION IN ORAL REHABILITATION 2019
The vertiginous knowledge and concept development related to the current odontology, as well as the amazing technological advances that accompany the knowledge development, places ever-greater requirements to the dentist in its professional performance, especially to those who practice in Oral Rehabilitation area.
Considering that the Oral rehabilitator is, in essence, a professional who works in a team, ut has become necessary to deepen and update the concepts of the main areas involved in Oral Rehabilitation: Fixed Prosthesis, Removable Prosthesis, Restorative Dentistry, Occlusion and Implantology, which must work in close relation with other support disciplines, such as : Periodontics, Endodontics, Orthodontics, Dysfunction and Surgery, in order to guarantee a good diagnosis and set the most appropriate treatment plan for the patient who requires to recover its buccal health through the most refined Oral Rehabilitation techniques.
Dr. José Valdivia Osorio
Tenured lecturer of Oral Rehabilitation and Implantology. Specialist in Oral Rehabilitation, with a major in Fixed, Removable Prosthesis and Prosthetics Implants. Magister in Odontology specialized in Implantology. Ph.D. in Odontology with a major in Implantology from San Leopoldo Mandic University, Brazil. Director and Lecturer of Oral Rehabilitation and Implantology specialties at Universidad Autónoma de Chile.
Duration: Five academic semesters.
Modality: Daytime classes, in classroom course.
Santiago Campus: Tuesday to Friday, 08:00 to 13:30 hrs.
Temuco Campus: Friday to Saturday, 08:30 to 19:30 hrs.
Applications: From July 1 to November 30, 2018.
Classes beginning: April 2019.
Applications and contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Temuco Direct Contact: email@example.com
Santiago Direct Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Brochure HERE
Download Brochure HERE
Download Oral Rehabilitation Program AQUI
Download General Information HERE
OBJETIVO GENERAL DEL PROGRAMA
PROGRAM MAIN OBJECTIVE
This Program objective is the training of Specialists in Oral Rehabilitation, who seek to complement and deepen their professional formation as dentist surgeons in Oral Rehabilitation areas: Restorative Dentistry, fixed prosthesis, removable prosthesis, prosthetic implants, and occlusion. In order to, acquire clinic knowledge and necessary competencies to diagnose and execute the rehabilitation treatment in medium and high complexity cases, being part of a multidisciplinary teamwork.
The program structure is based on subjects of odontology basic sciences, specialties subjects that are complementary to the Oral Rehabilitation endeavor, specific field subjects and clinical practice subjects.
ESPECIFIC OBJEC TIVES
- Conduct the functional exam, diagnose a buccal condition and identify specific pathologies in each patient, determining its complexity level to establish the prognosis.
- Formulate a proper treatment plan for each patient following a multidisciplinary approach.
- Form multidisciplinary work teams focused on comprehensively treat the therapeutic needs of the patient who requires Oral Rehabilitation, coordinating its referral, evaluation, and treatment, in concert with other specialties.
- Perform the proper rehabilitation treatment for each patient, in order to recover its buccal health and restore its biopsychosocial balance.
- Acquire expertise in new techniques and/or refine the known ones through clinical training in the main areas of Oral Rehabilitation: Fixed Prosthesis, Removable Prosthesis, Restorative Dentistry, Occlusion, and Prosthetics Implants.
Specialization in Oral Rehabilitation program is intended for professionals who have obtained the Surgeon-Dentist Degree, graduated from a national or Foreigner University, duly legalized by a public notary, and/or recognized by the state.
The graduate student from Specialization in Oral Rehabilitation program, will be a specialized professional who from the updated expertise of basic Odontology sciences, the disciplines related to Oral Rehabilitation that support it, and the Oral Rehabilitation own disciplines, will be able to perform the proper clinical practice in the resolution of medium and high complexity cases.
The Specialization program in Oral Rehabilitation comprises 19 subjects, of theoretical and clinical nature, developed in five semesters. Once all the credits included in each subject are approved, the student must take a specialty final exam.
Teachers use different methodologies such as:
- Explanatory theoretical classes of the thematic content.
- Research seminars and discussion of led-readings on topics related to the subjects addressed in classes and/or complementary to the thematic content.
- Demonstrative practical workshops of different clinical procedures, as well as the use and management of different tools, dental accessories, and materials in order to practice before executing clinical procedures on patients.
- Demonstrations via CCTV aimed to make a simultaneous live demonstration of relevant clinical procedures for all students.
- Presentation of clinical cases, in where each student will present a clinical case to be treated, explaining the patient’s clinical situation, complementary exams, diagnosis and treatment plan basis.
- Clinical practice, in where the student will have to perform a comprehensive rehabilitation in at least seven patients of medium to high complexity.
|Biomedical Sciences applied to O.R|
|Diagnosis and Treatment Planning in O.R|
|Occlusion, TTMs and Articulators||Semiannual|
|Prosthetics Implants I|
|Integral Clinic in Oral Rehabilitation|
|Planning and Digital Design in Oral Rehabilitation|
|Prosthetics Implants II|
|Methodology of Investigation|
|Restorative Dentistry Clinic|
|Fixed Prosthesis Clinic|
|Removable Prosthesis Clinic|
|Prosthetics Implants Clinic|
|High Complexity Clinic in Oral Rehabilitation|